While every piece of jewellery looks beautiful, they can end up looking faded and may lose their shine if not cared for well. If you want your jewellery to look as good as new, then you need to take good care of it. Follow these simple steps below the photo on how to take care of your jewellery.
- Sort out your jewellery whether it is imitation, pearl, gold, and silver so that you can use different methods for cleaning them.
- If possible, separate gold and all other jewels from each other. Keep pearls especially in a different bag or box. Make sure that pearls container is not too dry or airtight - they can get damaged.
- Store your jewellery in a zip bag or drawstring purses. Ensure that they of soft cloth-like chintz, velvet or cotton.
- Avoid linen, net, georgette and jersey. This is the best way to protect your jewellery from external elements. If not, you can also put them in wooden boxes. - Keep your chains clasped to keep them from getting tangled.
- Gently clean your jewellery with a soft, clean cloth to maximize the shine.
- Regularly polish your platinum and silver jewellery to avoid tarnishing. Polish them weekly or at least once a month.
- Use a silver dip type cleaners for cleaning silver jewellery. It is safer and the most effective way to retain shine in jewellery but don’t leave your jewellery in the dip for more than a few seconds. - Make sure you dry them properly!
- Gemstone jewellery needs to be taken extra care of, and you can do this by cleaning it with a soft brush and mild soapy water. You may also clean these items using a jewellery cleaning solution.
If you have any further questions we are more than happy to respond to your questions at - email@example.com